Monday, August 19, 2013

Togo Week 4


Hi Everyone!

We are happy to say that Titus Project has officially been established here in Togo and with great success too!  We came not knowing what to expect and not knowing how things would go but everything exceeded our expectations and we pray that it will continue to grow.

It’s been a busy last few days of making sure all things were completed before sending the teams off for outreach but all was done with great success as God miraculously provided for each team and everyone pretty much got to go where they wanted.    

The Togo team immediately started outreach the day after we finished, we sent the Ghana/Nigeria team off yesterday morning, the Ivory Coast team left today, and the Benin and Burkina Faso teams will be leaving tomorrow, including David and I, bright and early at 5:00 am for a twenty hour bus ride to Burkina, woohoo!  Thankfully Jonah gave me ‘The Hobbit’ to read during outreach so I should be set with entertainment and I have cookies and apples to keep my stomach happy too =) 

Although I am sad to be saying goodbye to all of the dear friends that I’ve made here I’m excited for the new adventures that lie ahead and heard that there will be more meat in Burkina too!  If you don’t know already, food is something that easily helps to turn my frown upside down =)  Not to say that any amount of meat will replace my friends here but rather it will help me to cope with the transition =) 

We’ve finally reached the half way mark in our outreach with only three and a half weeks left to go, I can’t believe it’s almost over!  This is where I’ve been challenged to continue to remain in the present and finish strong.  It can be easy to get carried away with thoughts of what the future holds, especially with Jonah, but I know that God wants to continue to use me during my time here and so I look forward to giving it my all in our next location. 

I’m not quite sure of what God has in store for us in Burkina other than meat but if it’s anything like here then I look forward to building more relationships with the people, joyfully serving them inside and outside of God’s Word and continuing to learn more about God and the beautiful people of West Africa. 

That’s all for now, I hope this update finds all of you well, thank you so much again for all of your prayers and support! 

Leslie 

No comments:

Post a Comment