Sunday, August 11, 2013

Togo Week 3


Hi Everyone!

Just finished our second week of Titus Project here in Togo!  Only one more week and then we’ll be sending our fellow bible teachers off to go teach others in Togo, Benin, Ghana/Nigeria, Ivory Coast, and Burkina Faso and then we’ll be heading off to Burkina ourselves.  It’s been such a joy to train and equip them and to see them grow as they’ve now had two practice teachings of the Inductive Method and the book of Philemon.  

Highlights from this week:

- I had the privilege of preaching at our Thursday night gathering on base where I preached on the topic of forgiveness as this is something that I’ve been dealing with lately.  It seemed as though there were a lot of people in the audience that were also dealing with un-forgiveness who were really blessed by the message and I was thankful that God used me and the situation that I was facing to be able to challenge and encourage them to also forgive.  And apparently it not only reached the adults but the kids too!  Our base leader came up and told me later on that his five-year-old son actually went up to his mom and told her that he was angry for something that she did, that she hurt him but that he wanted to forgive her.  A five year old actually got the message of forgiveness!!!  How cool is that?  You never know who God’s going to speak to through your sermon.  As I’ve been here I realize that God’s given me a gift in teaching and preaching and that I ought to be a good steward of this gift and continue to use it for His glory.  It’s little things like this that encourage me, not only in the fact that I enjoy it but that God’s actually using me to help transform other people’s lives too!

- Got to experience my first African wedding!  Love was in the air all week as everyone was preparing for the big day.  We had a little bachelorette party on Wednesday for the bride, which was exactly what I needed, as most of the people in our school are men so I really appreciated the extra fun girl time this week =)

- Had 13 of our students join us for a teaching and sleepover at a church in town last night.  My teammate David not only taught at a church for the first time but did it all in French too!  He totally rocked it and I was very proud of him.  

- And to top it all off, after three weeks of eating lots of dishes made of yams and corn and rice, we treated ourselves to some yummy cheeseburgers in town today! 

It’s our last week with the students before we all head off to our different outreach locations.  It’s been a blessing to be able to spend time here in Togo as I’ve fallen in love with the beautiful people and surroundings.  Gonna make the most of the last few days we have left =) 

Til next time, Au Revoir \(^_^)/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment